Dodsworth Chapter 13: Applying Game Design to Virtual Environments. Stephen Clarke-Willson.
Query 15.9: Cite one instance from an actual video game of each of the key game design principles that Clarke-Willson lists:
- third person presentation
- discovery and exploration
- movement versus animation
- player control
- the use of maps
- the use of 'weenies'
- closed environments
- constant positive and sporadic negative feedback
- complexity management and slow bullets
Query 15.10: How does the author propose to solve the three problems he poses:
- lack of depth perception
- management of player viewpoint
- navigation and targeting support
I love it when something I've written is used in a university course. It's only happened a few times, so the novelty hasn't worn off. Woot.